The 2010 Resuscitation Guidelines were announced on the 18 October 2010, with a number of Key Topics addressed by the guidance as follows:
- What a layperson should do if they witness a sudden collapse and a subsequently unresponsive victim.
- What healthcare professionals should do to prevent cardiac arrest
- How healthcare professionals should treat cardiac arrest when it occur
- How healthcare professionals should provide life support until the patient’s heart has been restarted
- How healthcare professionals should treat the patient whose heart has been restarted
- The process for facilitating decisions about resuscitation with patients, family members and/or carers.
For further details please visit www.resus.org.uk